Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Advice to my daughter | Scrapbook & Cards Today

Hello friends I thought today was a perfect day to share a layout I did for the summer issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today. I created this layout for the summer Colour Suite to see the article in full you can download it for free at the SCT website.

I know it must look as if I only have 1 child these days but my 17 year old has no interest in me or my camera. I am generally stuck with only a handful of photos of him most are usually blurry and the ones that are not he has his mouth open. The flip side of this is I have a little girl who is coming of age in the time of the "selfie" and loves to take tons of photos. So folks this is why it looks as if I have only one child.

(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper American Crafts/Studio Calico/Jillibean Soup, Wood Embellishments Ellie's Studio/Studio Calico, Sequins Doodlebug, Stamps Technique Tuesday, Flair My Minds Eye, Hemp Twine, Clothes Pin Bow from Crate Paper, Enamel Dots Doodlebug, Silhouette Cutting System/Image, Circle Punches, Corner Rounder, Tiny Alpha Stickers Basic Grey, Mist Studio Calico, and font Bohemian Typewriter)







I worked on this layout last spring after my daughter went through a bit of girl drama. I often think she doesn't hear so I like to put words to her on projects with the hope reading them might put things in a new perspective.

I hope you have been inspired today happy crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this layout!
    My fifteen year old is reluctant to let me take his photo lately, too, so I'm left scrapbooking my 12 & 10 year old. Hopefully, he won't complain about the lack of layouts with him in it later on in life.... ;)

    ReplyDelete