Monday, April 14, 2014

April Colour Suite

Happy Tuesday and welcome to the April Colour Suite a monthly colour challenge I put together for my friends at Scrapbook & Cards Today. This month I continued my exploration of metallic and embraced silver. I figured it would be a beautiful compliment colour to radiant orchid my other inspiration for April.

Apr_2014_challenge

While I chose a glittery silver I think that colour is subject to interpretation and it could easily be used as a grey with these colours. The purple from my stash isn't quite the same shade as the one I originally chose for the challenge. I think purple is one of the hardest colours to work with simply because it's not as commonly found in paper collections.

Instagram-faces01

(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper AC/Pebbles/Basic Grey, Heidi Swapp Stickers, Sequins Theresa Collins/Doodlebug, Silver Clips Stampin Up, Bow Crate Paper, Scallop Border Metal Die from Spellbinders, Silhouette Cutting System and various fonts)

Instagram-faces04

Instagram-faces03

This month I invited my talented friend Mandy Koeppen to join me and take the Colour Suite challenge. I was super excited to have Mandy join me this month, I am a huge fan of her work she is what I call creatively cool in ways I my linear brain just wont go.  I love how she used the colours this month I am always so paper-centric (yup I just made up a new word) with my colour choices and Mandy reminded me colour can be added to a layout in so many more ways.

Thanks for joining me today for the AprilColour Suite. To read more about this challenge or to check out my past challenges don't forget to make your way over to the Scrapbook & Cards Today website and Blog.

Happy crafting friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment