Friday, March 14, 2014

March Colour Suite

Hello Saturday and welcome to the March Colour Suite a monthly colour challenge I put together for my friends at Scrapbook and Cards Today. This month I searched for the pot at the end of the rainbow and was totally drawn in by the idea of building the Colour Suite from gold.


Mar_2014_challenge


I always begin the Colour Suite process by shopping my stash and pulling every item in my stash that fits into the suite I created. While I am obsessed with gold it mainly exists in my stash in embellishments. So think is what I came up with.


Once-upon-a-time


(Supplies Used: My Favorite Things White Cardstock, Patterned Paper Crate Paper/American Crafts/Elle’s Studio/Simple Stories, Clothes Pins Crate Paper, Metal Dies Alphas My Favorite Things and Scallop Border Spellbinders, Circle Punches Marvy/EK Success, Stars American Crafts, Zing Gold Embossing Powder, VersaMark Ink, Stamps Technique Tuesday, Tiny Attacher Tim Holtz, Gold Bow Studio Calico, and font Typendoksidi downloaded from the internet)


Once-upon-a-time01


As you can see my gold focus came in the form of stamping. I love the look of gold embossing powder it's super rich and just the perfect shade of gold.


Once-upon-a-time02


Once-upon-a-time03


This month I invited the very talented Kim Jeffress to join me and take the Colour Suite challenge. I was super excited to have Kim join me this month it's so wonderful to see the unique perspective each guest designer takes with my colour choices. No matter my intent my layouts often burst with colour I just can't seem to escape it.


Thanks for joining me today for the February Colour Suite. To read more about this challenge or to check out my past challenges don't forget to make your way over to the Scrapbook & Cards Today website and Blog.


Happy crafting friends!


Summer signature




1 comment: