Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Paper Fortune Cookies | Jillibean Soup

Happy Wednesday crafters. Can you believe we are hitting the end of the month already? Time is flying by at the speed of light at my house. I think it's because we have seen so busy. After spending last weekend in Salem at 2 different cheer competitions we are packing up our bows and headed to Dallas on Thursday.


In honor of our trip thought a little good fortune was needed so today's project is Paper Fortune Cookies. This was a little something I put together for the Jillibean Soup booth at CHA. I cannot take credit for this adorable idea I found it on Pinterest and cannot thank Kimberly Crawford enough for sharing this super cute project. Got to love Pinterest!


Jillibean-fortune-cookies


Jillibean-fortune-cookies01


Jillibean-fortune-cookies02


To make this cute project I followed Kimberly's instructions. I was lucky to have a 3 inch circle punch on hand to simplify the process. I will say the Jillibean paper was almost too thick to pull this off. Don't look too closely at the photo above or you might notice a small tear in the paper. I think a thinner paper would have been more forgiving. Also I used a glue dot type product to secure my cookies. Funny a couple days after making the project I walked into my office and all the fortune cookies had poped open. I would recommend using a hot glue gun instead.


All the papers used in the project are from the Jillibean Soup Sightseeing Stew Collection. The heart stamp on the fortune was from the large stamp set from Heart Healthy Red Bean Soup collection.


Thanks for stopping by today!


Summer signature




No comments:

Post a Comment