Thursday, January 23, 2014

Her Goal | Technique Tuesday

Yeah it's Friday and I am off on a new adventure. It's kind of why I decided to share this particular layout today. This is something I made about 8 months ago for Technique Tuesday. I was tasked with using the metal banner die and corresponding stamps in a fun border. I layered lots of the banners in 2 colors to create the border along the right side of my layout. For added interest I stamped on the black banner pieces and then hand stitched over the stamped image.


TT-Her-Goal


(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Heidi Swapp/Basic Grey/ Bo Bunny, Alphas Thickers American Crafts, Studio Calico wood veneer star, Twine, Ink VersaFine, Stamps & Dies Technique Tuesday, DMC Floss, and font Veteran Typewriter)


TT-Her-Goal-detail-01


TT-Her-Goal-detail-02


TT-Her-Goal-detail-03


So much has changed for my daughter since I did this layout. I think her goals have morphed and grown in the the last 8 months. She moved up to a competitive traveling team and rather than focusing on flying she has decided to work on her tumbling skills. This weekend we are traveling up to the Seattle area for our first away competition and I am super excited to see the girls show their stuff.


Do your kids have any goals even if they might change or they seem silly I think it's a wonderful thing to document? Now that I have given you a topic go get crafty. XO


Summer signature




2 comments:

  1. Like I said to you at CHA , your layouts and style are just so perfect, and that touch of hand stitching is flawless .

    ReplyDelete