Monday, January 20, 2014

Fun with fonts | Jillibean Soup

Happy Tuesday from crafty land. With my CHA hangover behind me I am back holed up in my office feverishly working on crafty projects. While I didn't really get a chance to really explore at CHA I still came home supercharged.


This Jillibean Soup layout is really all about the title. I found this font via Pinterest and used my Silhouette to cut out the letters. The font wasn't smooth so I spent quite a bit of time fixing the rough edges using the free Silhouette Studio software. I think the extra effort I put into this title was work it.


Homework


(Supplies Used:Cardstock Bazzill, Jillibean Soup Patterned Paper/Alphas/Corrugated Shape/Stickers/Die Cuts, Enamel Dots My Minds Eye, Black Pen, and fonts)


Homework-detail02


Homework-detail03


Homework-detail01


My playful title is balanced out with my clean and simple design. I love design elements that don't over shadow each other, the photos or my stories. I often begin the creative process by pulling everything I want to use on a layout and then I edit. I have discovered that in my old age I cannot deal with clutter. I think this is evident in my work. I wish I could layer and embellish my little heart out like some of my favorite scrapbookers but I simply cannot wrap my head around it. So I will stick to what I do best, clean and simple.


Thanks for stopping by today happy crafting.


Summer signature




2 comments: