Monday, July 29, 2013

CHA Summer 2013 | Chalk Board

Good Morning crafters. If there was any one trend or theme from the summer show it was chalk board. I have been seeing this trend in home decor for months so it's not surprising it has crossed over to scrapbooking. I would say probably 80% of the chalk board elements I saw at the show were featured in Christmas lines.


This first line is from Lawn Fawn and is called Peace Love and Joy. I love it's simplicity and use of light blue.



CHA2013Vegas-039


This line is from Heidi Swapp and is called Believe. I am a huge sucker for 3x4 journaling cards even though I don't do Project Life. This line also has a chalk board paper made from Heidi's handwriting called Peppermint Stix that I adore (sorry forgot to photograph).



CHA2013Vegas-114


This final Christmas line is from Studio Calico and I loved how they achieved such a wonderful washed chalkboard effect to these papers. Okay and let's get real I love the little stick trees.

CHA2013Vegas-214


My Minds Eye showed off tons of chalk board items from their latest Halloween release to their new line called Chalk Studio and a little something in between. Chalk Studio almost 100% embodies the idea of chalk board from the papers, to the stickers to the washi tape (shown below).



CHA2013Vegas-185


My final look at chalk board takes us to Fancy Pants. These chalk board tapes and labels are totally customizable for your needs. They used Marvy bistro pen to write on the samples (photo below).



CHA2013Vegas-196


This is just the tip of the chalk board iceberg. I cannot leave you today without telling you that Prima had chalk board flowers and Jillibean Soup has a new stampables line featuring 2 chalk board items: banners and mini chalk boards.


Thanks for stopping by today, be good, be safe and happy crafting.


Summer signature




No comments:

Post a Comment