Thursday, February 28, 2013

March Spellbinders | PageMaps

Happy March! It's the first of the month and it's time for my monthly PageMaps layout. This month my Spellbinders die focus was on the You are Here arrow set. 


 



S4-396


 


I keep saying I need to try to push myself out of my sketch comfort zone. I tried that this month and it wasn't as easy as it sounded in my head. It's funny how once you start moving things around the sketch starts to take on a life of it's own.


 



Mar13_12x12b

Captured


(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper Webster's Pages, Spellbinders Dies, My Minds Eye Enamel Dots, Wood Embellishment Studio Calico, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, Silhouette Cutting System, and Jillibean Soup alphas) 



Captured01

Captured02


The truth is my layout still looks like the sketch. I guess I have more gorwing to do. But that it what I love so much about this crazy thing called scrabooking. I tried playing around with the idea of using the Spellbinder's dies to create a custom background. I don't think I fully executed my vision they way it was in my head. I like the concept and will be trying it out again super soon.


Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting.



Summer-signature


 




1 comment:

  1. I use sketches, also. And yes my layouts usually look like the sketch. I don't think that's so bad, though! I am taking part in Studio Calico's card-making class, and I pretty much re-do the card ideas from the lesson. However, often when I make a second card using that idea that's when I begin to change and make it my own. I am a hands-on learner, meaning I need to touch and move things to really learn. I think this is part of the reason for my dependence on scrap-lifting. I need to copy to learn. I AM growing more, design-ability-wise, as I go. I really like your Captured layout, and I think it only echoes the sketch. It doesn't LOOK like it.

    ReplyDelete