Sunday, December 2, 2012

the Fall Colour Suite | Scrapbook & Cards Today

Happy December folks wow where did the time fly this year. Today I am sharing my Colour Suite layout from the fall issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today. I thought I would start us off by digging into the process behind the Colour Suite. The fall suite was inspired by a nail polish color trend article from Allure magazine.



Fall-colour-suite-01
I was working on the fall Colour Suite while I was at CHA. I carried this around, note the folds and notes in the margin.


When I started this project I pulled all the patterned paper and other products I possibly wanted to include on my layout. Not everything I pulled will end up on my layout but it's a great starting point.



Fall-colour-suite-02

Sunday-donuts
(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper American Crafts/Heidi Swapp/Bella Blvd/Jillibean Soup, Alphas Bella Blvd, Brads Doodlebug, Border Punch Fiskars, Sticker Jillibean Soup, Button Jillibean Soup, misc twine, Stamps from Technique Tuesday, misc ink, wood embellishment Studio Calico, Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz, brad Basic Grey, Corner Rounder from We R Memory Keepers, and font Veteran Typewriter downloaded from the internet)


To read my article in full you can download a free copy of the fall issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today at their website. Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Crafting!



Summer-signature



1 comment:

  1. Great layout!! It's fun to see the behind the scenes thinking that went on. I saw your layout in the magazine! I have one in there too in the readers gallery on pg 58.

    ReplyDelete