Thursday, December 20, 2012

Simple Holiday Decor | Lily Bee

Today I have a super simple holiday decor project that is so easy even a caveman can do it. I often say this or that is simple and people don't believe me. This little project is really that simple and even though I am using mine for holiday decor this could be done with any patterned paper and put up for just about any occasion.



LBD-Holiday-Garland

LBD-Holiday-Garland-01

LBD-Holiday-Garland-02


The string of lights are battery powered and were purchased at Target. The lights can currently be found in the holiday light section but are available all year round as I got mine during the off season. There are 10 lights on a string and they are powered by 2 D batteries. My decorative light set is made from paper from the Lily Bee Christmas Cheer 6x6 Tiny Tablet. I simply punched 2 flowers from patterned paper, punched a hole in the center and then slipped the bulb through the punched hole. The large end from my Crop-a-dile punch was the perfect size hole so the bulb fit snugly without the flowers falling off. Once the flowers were in place I crunched them up just a bit. The garland is really subtle on my mantle and fits my style perfectly. This idea could easily be changed up by using a different punched shape, different paper or adding more layers.


Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!



Summer-signature



1 comment:

  1. love the flowers!! they are beautiful. Came here from Lily Bee to see more of the flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete