Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Confessions of a reformed stamp-a-phobic

I used to say I was afraid of stamping. To be honest stamping intimidates me but you know what I like to keep pushing myself to grow as a designer and try new things. So yes stamping scares my pants off and I rarely stamp directly on a project for fear I might ruin something (anal scrapbooker alert).


You might find it ironic that the self professed stamp-a-pobic does freelance work for Technique Tuesday (their offices happen to be about 15 minutes from my house). Well I did say I was reformed right. Today's layout is one of my favorite stamping focused layouts I have ever done.



Be-Active-TT
(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper Basic Grey/Bo Bunny, Buttons Fancy Pants, JoAnn's Stick Pins, Stampin Up Scallop Punch, White Floss, Black Ink/Embossing Powder, Fiskars Punch, Spellbinders Pennant Die, Corner Rounder, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and Stamps from Technique Tuesday)


This layout combines 5 different stamp sets from Technique Tuesday: Go Team, Baseball, Cheer, Soccer and Who What Where Ali Edwards. If you look closely all the stamped images were stamped onto paper then added to my layout. I still think my stamping is pretty basic, I tend to grab black ink and stamp on white paper. Boooring right ... there is still much growth potential here don't you think? I probably should have added something about expanding my stamping horizons to yesterday's bucket list (mental note made).


Happy Crafting ... today's goal stepping outside of my comfort zone. 



Summer-signature


 


 



1 comment:

  1. I loved this layout when I saw it hanging in their booth at CHA, and it was one of the few layouts I even took the time to photograph! True story! I'm a basic stamper too ... stamp to ink pad to paper.

    ReplyDelete