Friday, August 31, 2012

A Favorite Layout

Every once in a while I create a layout that goes to the top of my favorite list. This one was my Colour Suite layout from the summer issue of Scrapbooking and Cards Today. Every once in awhile I create a color grouping that simply just rocks. Sometimes I think it's not the colors but how my photos and products translate my vision. I think this was the case here.



Metal-mouth-final


(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Studio Calico/My Minds Eye/Echo Park/Amy Tangerine, Stamp Technique Tuesday, Ink Ancient Page, Decorative Brads Amy Tangerine/My Mind Eye, Tab Pebbles, Photo Corners Heidi Swapp, Punch Fiskars, IKEA Pinking Shears, Spellbinders Becky Fleck Die, misc button, Tiny Attacher Tim Holtz, Jillibean Soup Corrugated red paper, Silhouette Cutting System, misc corner rounder, and fonts downloaded from the internet Arial Narrow/journaling, Rockwell/Title, Stencil/Title, Lobster/Title and OldSans/Title)



Metal-mouth-final-detail


I think one of the reasons why I love this layout so much is the playful title work. I mentioned humor yesterday and I really love how I used the play on words on this layout. To read more about my Colour Suite make sure you check the summer issue of Scrapbooking and Cards Today.


Speaking of braces we went to orthodontist yesterday ... we are so very close to getting the metal off. He is going a little longer with his treatment than expected but he doens't seem to be phased.


Thanks for joining me on this last Friday of the month. I can't believe it's almost September. Happy Crafting



Summer-signature



1 comment:

  1. Love this! It's funny, but my daughter just got braces on Monday and I had been thinking all week that I wanted to do a playful layout with the same sort of list of names. ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete