Sunday, April 10, 2011

Revisiting my Creative Bucket List

It's been awhile since I posted my creative bucket list. And since I have a fresh new space the creative jucies are flowing. Who knew a little breathing room was going to induce craftiness?



  • Go hybrid - use brushes to spice up cardstock/photos or add text to photo

  • Play with misting

  • Do more 2 page layouts

  • Layer more embellishments

  • Make a bunch of pin cushions to fill a large hurricane vase I bought for my dining room table

  • Play with text

  • Incorporate more stamping on my layouts

  • Alter something

  • Take more photos (especially this time of year)

  • Sew an Apron

  • Emboss something

  • Incorporate a mini album into a scrapbook page

  • Do a a "now & then" layouts about each child

  • Sew a table runner

  • Work on my hall entry photo project and fabric covered mats (this project is partially completed)

  • Use more a variety of photo sizes on my layouts (old habits die hard)

  • Take some cool location photos of the kids

  • make a mini album gift for a friend

  • Use more fabric

  • Make the workout/running inspired journal I mentioned here

  • Sew one of these cute purses Kimber showed me from ithinksew

  • take MORE photos


I use this list as a way to challenge myself creatively. Some of the items I like to keep around while other items get filtered off. Since my sewing supplies are newly organized I am hoping to be able to tackle some of my many sewing projects.


Here's a little something I did recently from my list ...


Nine-years 
(Supplied Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Bo Bunny patterned paper/chipboard elements/buttons, Stampin Up scallop punch, misc corner rounder/circle punch/tab punch, DMC floss, font Arial Narrow downloaded from the internet)


I really like to combine old & new this idea is why a "now & then" layout in on my creative bucket list. I recently took a stab at doing a "now & then" layout about my son. In a perfect world I would have used a baby photo on this layout. Unfortunately Grant's early years were BD (before digital) so I used a favorite photo from when he was 5 years old.The photos inspired me to take a not so literal approach to a "now & then" layout. 


Happy Crafting


BLOG signature 


 


 


 


 



2 comments:

  1. i love that you have a creative bucket list!! your list is great, too ... kick its butt!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything you do is full of design flair. love reading your bucket list, that's an impressively creative list :)

    ReplyDelete