Wednesday, November 24, 2010

my Creative Bucket List

Last week I posted a challenge over at the Scrapbooking & Cards Today blog about challenging yourself to step out of your creative comfort zone. I had a list of "out of the box" things I wanted to try. I took my original list (which you can see here) and expanded it I am now calling it my creative bucket list ...



  • Work with over-sized photos

  • Go hybrid - use brushes to spice up cardstock/photos or add text to photo

  • Play with misting

  • Hand Journaling (YIKES this just scares me to death)

  • Layer more embellishments

  • Play with text

  • Use my Pink Paislee House of 3 papers

  • Incorporate more stamping on my layouts

  • Use Vellum

  • Alter something

  • Take more photos (especially this time of year)

  • Sew an Apron

  • Clean out at least 5 things from my scrap supplies

  • Embossing

  • Sew a festive table runner and if I am feeling adventurous make a tree skirt too

  • Play with my I-Topper

  • Work on my hall entry photo project and fabric covered mats

  • Take some cool location photos of the kids

  • Make some the hair clips for Corinne inspired by the ones Laura Vegas made (you can check them out here)

  • Create a recipe album


The first item I decided to tackle on my list was playing with the Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology papers. I got my taste of these papers when I went to Scrapfest back in September. I admit I didn't get these papers when I first saw them. Check out what you can do with these papers ...


PP-how-to-01 
PP-how-to-02 
PP-how-to-03 
PP-how-to-04 
Here's the layout I made with the paper.


Just-Like-Me 
(Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Pink Paislee & Cosmo Cricket, buttons from Fancy Pants, Stickers from Cosmo Cricket, kraft envelope Maya Road, Brad from Basic Grey, misc gemstones, Stampin Up Scallop Punch, misc corner rounder, misc DMC white floss, and Font Arial Narrow downloaded from the internet)


When I finished the layout I promptly went on-line and ordered more of the House of 3 papers. The possibilities are endless and after just a little taste I knew I needed more. For any of you out there interested in these papers and what they can do check out this really great video from Pink Paislee.


Have a happy Wednesday and a wonderful Thanksgiving ...


BLOG signature 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment