Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day

I meant to get to this post earlier today but alas I slept in a bit this morning, then I finished up a book, got on my treadmill, did some laundry and then I finally made it to my computer.


I hope you stopped by the Scrapbooking & Cards Today Blog this morning to check out all the cards we made to celebrate World Card Making Day. This year we teamed up with our new editor Becky Fleck and added Page Maps card sketches to the mix. Here is my card and the sketch ...


No1-mom-CARD 
(Supplied Used: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Echo Park, Ribbon Jillibean Soup, Punches EK Success, Stickers Basic Grey, Cricut Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge)


May card sketch 


As you can see I was assigned May and I couldn't resist making a Mother's Day card. I focused in on the part of the sketch with the ribbon. I knew immediately I was going to do a #1 MOM card. I had originally intended to follow the sketch to the "T" but once I started making the ribbon element I knew it was going to be too big so I just made it the focal point of my card. That's the great thing about sketches they are starting point and you never know where they might take you.


I thought it would be fun to show you the card I made last year. If my memory serves me correctly I was assigned a summer month I think it was July.


Congratlations-CARD 
(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper October Afternoon, Die Cut Alpha Sizzix, Stampin Up Scallop Punch, Bo Bunny Ribbon, Misc Rhinestones and flowers from Making Memories)


Thanks for stopping by today ... we are heading out soon to enjoy the sun on the soccer field. Corinne has a double header and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Wish me luck on the picture front I haven't gotten any photos yet this year. 


BLOG signature 



No comments:

Post a Comment