Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Bella Blvd.

I snapped these photos earlier this summer on a little field trip we took to an adorable little cupcake eatery in NW Portland. There are a several more stores around town and we thought about trying out a few more just for fun. I guess I will be spending more time on the elliptical at the gym. When I saw the cupcakes on the Hello Beautiful cute cuts paper I knew I wanted to use them with these photos.


Cupcake-Adventures 
(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper/Alphas/Stickers from Bella Blvd., Flair American Crafts, misc chipboard alphas from Basic Grey/Scenic Route/Heidi Swapp, misc. vellum, EK Corner Rounder & heart punch, font Traveling Typewriter downloaded from the internet)


Cupcake-Adventures-detail
I have a drawer in my scrap room that is just leftover chipboard alphas. Many are even from companies that are not even in business anymore. I love mixing them up and my current favorite thing is to leave them naked.


I also created a pleated paper border from cardstock. It's made to look similar to the Ribbon Pleats that Pink Paislee released at CHA Winter. I really like the texture of those border strips but didn't have any on hand so I just thought I'd create my own version. Look for a tutorial from me on making these paper pleats coming soon.


Another little trick I am kind of addicted to right now is layering vellum over patterned paper. I like the idea of using the vellum to tone down a bold pattern. I am kind of excited about trying this out with more patterns, maybe adding stitching or topping off with journaling.


We have one more week left until school starts. We still have a few back to school items left to get and we need to double check our school supply lists. Then I think we will be all set for the big day.


Happy Thursday :)


BLOG signature



No comments:

Post a Comment