Monday, August 30, 2010

Hey Hey it's Tuesday

Hi everyone I am back from my trip. I spent yesterday recovering. I guess that's what happens when you go to Vegas. I realized that the timing of my little escape couldn't have been any better. With about a week and a half of summer vacation left my kids have turned into what we affectionately call the "bicker-sons". They fight constantly and going back to school is just what they need. I suspect they would both disagree with me.


Needless to say I haven't been crafty is what seems like forever. I think since I was so swamped before I left it feels a little weird to me. So last week I did some guest work for Bella Blvd. I hope you had a chance to stop by their blog because the entireScrapbook & Cards Today design team guested. Here is one of my layouts ...


YUMMY
(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, patterned paper/alpha stickers/accent stickers Bella Blvd., misc. buttons, DMC Embroidery Floss, adhesive pearls from Kaiser Craft, kitchen skewer, and font Bohemian Typewriter downloaded from the internet)


572263_200x200When I saw the cute scarecrow I knew I just had to cut him out and use him on a layout. Check out what the paper originally looked like. Sorry for the smaller image but I couldn't find a larger resolution image, I figure you can get the point right? When I cut him out I left a small white outline of paper. When I decided to dress him up I had tons of ideas guess what not all of them ended up on my layout. In my need to make him a little more 3-D I added buttons, folded a little triangle of orange paper for his nose, hand stitched his mouth and then gave him pearl brown eyes. Some of my other ideas included making him a new pocket with real or faux sticthing, using a kitchen skewer for his stick and adding extra cardstock to make the straw more 3-D. I learned a long time ago to edit my ideas I am kind of a less is more kind of girl.


YUMMY-detail 
Happy scrapping :)


BLOG signature
 


 
 
  
  



1 comment:

  1. That is so cute, Summer. I just got some of this fall collection and am anxious to play. Going back to school was just what my kids needed, too.

    ReplyDelete