Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't you just love my late night posts

I have come to terms with my blog and I just cannot get all wrapped up when I post. Let's be frank I am not a morning person I am a night owl. This is my time to shine.


About a month and a half ago I did a layout for Jillibean Soup funny thing about said layout is sometime between then and now I noticed a slight shift in my style. The catalyst of this shift is the combination of tons more scrapping, playing with product and the dusting off of my sewing machine. So here's the layout notice the lack machine stitching.


Fresh-produce


Fresh-produce-close-up


(Supplies Used: Cardstock Bazzill, Patterned Paper Jillibean Soup, Stickers Jillibean Soup, Corrugated Alphas Jillibean Soup, misc buttons, decorative brads from Basic Grey, Pearl Brads MM, twine Jillibean Soup, misc punches and Paint MM)


I painted white corrugated alphas then sanded them once they were dry this gives the letters a white washed look. I layered punched circles,brads and buttons to create a border. Looking back this layout is what I would call a transition of style layout. The machine stiching has really added a lot to my layouts.


So remember my "to do" list from last week - I possibly need to add buying a new scanner to the list. I can't seem to get my old scanner installed. It's probably close to 10 years old and it cost 40$ so I am not heartbroken but I question do I really need to even replace the relic. I stopped scanning my layouts quite a while ago. But without a scanner I can't scan in artwork or old photos.


Whoopie .... thanks for stopping by :)  


BLOG signature 



No comments:

Post a Comment